One of the requirements to register your Property as a Holiday Rental Property is the provision of a FIRST OCCUPATION LICENCE. This is the licence granted by the Town Hall when a property or development is first build, inspected and passed over to the local council for their care.  It also grants approval for connecting the property to Water and Electrical suppliers.

First Occupation Licence | LCP Spain 

First Occupation Licence

Ask us to get yours

So, as its name suggests, it is when a property is First Occupied. You should have one already from when you bought your property. If not, a visit to your town hall is in order where you place a written application and pay the required fee (Town Hall costs vary). If your property was built before 1983 you are requesting a CEDULA DE EDIFICACIÓN.

You will need to provide various pieces of information, and again, Town Halls vary in their requests. Best ask yours directly. If the Licence no longer exists, you will need to employ an architect to draw up current plans and have the plans presented to the College of Architects, stamped, approved and added to the updated property register.

This is then presented to your local Town Hall or Ayuntamiento and a replacement licence is issued for the Registration.

For more information on this, or for one of our Architects to assist in legalising your rental property.

Legal Costa Properties offer a start to finish service to provide these documents and full registration of them with all the relevant authorities, from Town hall applications to a full new set of plans.

Fill in the contact form below and we will be in touch by reply.

This form collects your name, telephone number and email so we can contact you. Check our Privacy Policy for details on how we protect and manage your submitted data.